Estimating Content Developer
Our unique company provides the best software for estimating and budgeting construction projects. We seek an experienced estimating content developer to join us in developing and maintaining Sage Estimating standard databases. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a collaborative, distributed environment, as well as fulfill assigned and assumed responsibilities independently.
Eos Group is a modern software development and services company with a staff of remote employees who work from their home offices. We value people who live our core values and can produce results. Hours of work are usually flexible. Eos provides excellent employee benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and more.
Key Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Knowledge and experience in facility ownership, engineering, construction, estimating, architecture, and maintenance. – 2 yr min
- Experience using commercial estimating software and cost database development are required. – 2 yr min. Experience with Sage Estimating, HCSS Heavy Bid, and InEight HD software is a plus.
- Knowledge and skills in mathematics, geometry, and logic are essential.
- Experience and skills using Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and skills using Microsoft SQL Server to manage and process data is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively on a heterogeneous, distributed project team.
- Ability to self-manage the information technology required to support work and collaboration with others using email, web meetings, file sharing, cloud-based virtual machines, and other collaboration software.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write high-quality documents independently or by collaborating with others (writing samples are required).
- Able to set up and maintain a personal workspace for Eos work with all the necessary equipment, software, and a fast Internet connection. Frequent remote meetings are required with a web camera.
- Travel to other locations may be required in the future.
Work Management, Planning, and Deliverables
- Effectively manage assigned task scope, budget, schedule, and quality to complete tasks and projects.
- Effectively seek, plan, and commit to task scope, budget, and schedule.
- Manage priorities and adjust to changing demands and priorities.
- Deliver high-quality work products and services.
- Effectively communicate task status and obstacles to the appropriate people in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communication skills, both internally and externally.
Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Make sound decisions by defining the issue, diagnosing the problem, analyzing the issues and influences, and drawing on expertise and other resources to solve the issue or make recommendations for a solution.
- Take responsibility for decisions and ownership of issues.
- Raise issues appropriately to other responsible parties.
Eos Group Core Values
- Create value for clients and help meet their needs and wants.
- Provide great service that creates client satisfaction, referrals, and long-term client relationships.
- Seek out and use new technology or ideas to improve effectiveness.
- Strong desire to learn new skills and continually improve professional skill set.
- Stay self-motivated and maintain high productivity with minimal supervision.
- Stick with difficult problems and keep at them until they are solved.
- Work well with others and support the people on the team.
- Place the importance of team success above individual prominence.
- Take the initiative to help out where help is needed without being asked.
- Consider what might be important to each client, anticipate needs, and take action.
- Take pride in the quality of work and hold very high standards of performance.
- Display a passion for the work, helping our clients, and working with our organization.
- United States citizen residing in the lower 48 states.
- Six years of professional work experience or post-high school education in relevant positions or programs.
Eos Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer