When it comes to your preconstruction process, your data is only as useful as your ability to consume and analyze it to make better decisions. Most companies have mountains of data, years of estimates and actuals, and valuable context that can be invaluable for future opportunities and pursuits. What’s missing? A unified, secure system to store all that data — one that is organized by a classification structure based on your team’s preferences and easily digested by executives, managers, and other key stakeholders.
This is exactly what we’ve accomplished with Eos Cortex. Our project history system supports benchmarking and conceptual estimating using your project history data. Working for and with you, Eos Cortex leverages your element structures, applying your attributes and project characteristics to ease searching, generating key metrics, and giving you control over who can view and edit your data. And so much more.
In a recent report by FMI Corp, The State of Global Preconstruction, 979 construction industry stakeholders stated their second biggest challenge with their preconstruction process was leveraging their data effectively. Although 71-82% of these stakeholders claimed to have a formal preconstruction process in place, most of them felt they couldn’t effectively use the data generated by those processes. And it shows… the report also uncovered that although 77% of general contractors say they have a formal preconstruction process, only 49% of owners believe that they do.
Craig Courtemanche, Procore’s CEO broke down the issue further in his article, Drive Predictability and Performance with Preconstruction Technology, pointing out that this discrepancy highlights the “lack of collaboration and visibility into the preconstruction process across stakeholders.” What we have is an industry that silos its data, thereby negating any efforts to harness critical insights and share knowledge.
The market is obviously hungry for systems that work. Eos products have been battle-tested through thousands of implementations in the enterprise market and are constantly being evolved by our seasoned preconstruction veterans. Our systems are designed to not only analyze your data so it paints a clearer picture, but to interact with other systems and go beyond preconstruction to tie into all stages of the construction lifecycle. With Eos Cortex, Eos Navigator, and our suite of Eos Knowledgebases, industry leaders are able to:
- Set up key performance indicators (KPIs): Including key quantities, key metrics, functional areas, and milestones.
- Dive into a historical project: View images and key information, and review physical characteristics, financial data, and ratios.
- Normalize historical data: Adjust for time and location differences and establish their own productivity and material type adjustments.
- Generate charts and graphs to easily identify outliers and anomalies.
- Manage projects throughout their lifecycles, monitor bid schedules, assess team distribution, forecast revenue potential, and identify high-value opportunities.
- Allow remote collaboration while also ensuring data quality with integrated approval and notification processes.
- Access a library of definable construction activities based on historical and industry standard information.
We have built multiple platforms that work seamlessly together to take you from planning to preconstruction and construction. We are here to help you determine what works best for your company and assist you along the way. There’s a right amount of technology and change for every organization, and our seasoned veterans have been guiding clients for over 25 years.